Version 1.0.7 of Arrowpointe Maps was just released. You can read about all the improvements on the Change History page. The changes that most impact user experience and the application’s capabilities are:
- Support for relating custom objects to Accounts and/or Contacts. This will allow you to pull fields from those objects including using the addresses there.
- Printing buttons were added to Map Pages and View Generated Maps. Look for the icon.
- Upgraded to the latest version of MapQuest’s API.
- Added a Declutter button to the maps. When pressed, any map points that overlap each other will be separated and a line will be drawn from their original point to their new location. In declutter mode, all map points will be easily clickable.
- Each time a map is run, it will display in the width and height used by that user the last time a map was run.
- Added links on the front page to let users open Map Pages in a new window. Sometimes this can result in better usability and printing since the application is not embedded in an IFRAME in Salesforce. Look for the image next to a hyperlink to open that link in a new window.
- Fixed some usability issues in the Admin area where some sections would shift around the screen if the user’s screen was too narrow or in too low of a resolution.
- Re-architected the way maps are generated. This new setup will allow us to allow users to save their maps in an upcoming release.
- Fixed an issue on Campaign Member maps if there are no Campaigns in the system.
- Other Usability, Performance & Security Enhancements
NOTE: If you are using Arrowpointe Maps and are confused by these posts about new versions, just know that these updates are happening automatically for you. You do not need to re-download the AppExchange application. Changes to the AppExchange package will be few and far between and those will be communicated very explicitly.
About Arrowpointe Maps
Arrowpointe Maps is an on-demand mapping platform that facilitates a conversation between Salesforce.com & MapQuest allowing for easy deployment of mapping capabilities in your organization and providing end-users a simple means for mapping their data. Arrowpointe Maps is configurable and can be tailored to your organization, so that your users can work with their information in a meaningful way.
The official location for information on Arrowpointe Maps is its product page at http://www.arrowpointe.com/maps. There, you will find answers to the most frequently asked questions, screencasts and links to its AppExchange page.