The major changes are:
- You can now create maps by pulling data directly from your Salesforce.com Reports. I’ll post a video of this functionality soon. This fully addresses the popular idea expressed here + a bit more. This functionality is being marked as “beta” due to Salesforce not having a true API to access report data.
- You can now email your driving directions from the application. You can email up to 10 addresses at once, including an option to BCC yourself.
- Added a Created By filter option on Map Pages. It works just like the Owned By filter option that’s existed for a while, but it bases the filter on the creator of a record. Edit your Map Pages and check the Created By checkbox to add this option to your Map Pages.
- Added a Query Size Limit at the Subscription level. It defaults to 2000 records. This means that Arrowpointe Maps will return up to 2000 records for every query. If a query for more records is made, the application will return the first 2000 records and the end-user will be provided with a message explaining what happened. An increase to the query limit can be requested by submitting a Case to us. This change was made to eliminate the issues of run away queries that freeze a browser.
- The improved map marker dot and star images were re-implemented, so the maps look more professional.
All the functionality described above is available now. A new AppExchange install will be available later this week, which will be recommended for everyone. The new download includes 2 new tabs to let you go directly to Routing & Map Reports, without needing to visit the Arrowpointe Maps front page first, and also upgrades the Salesforce API version used by the application. Once that package has been released, I’ll let you know by: making a new blog post, sending all subscribers an email and adding a message to the application for Admins to see if they are using an older install version.
About Arrowpointe Maps
Arrowpointe Maps is an on-demand mapping platform that facilitates a conversation between Salesforce.com & MapQuest allowing for easy deployment of mapping capabilities in your organization and providing end-users a simple means for mapping their data. Arrowpointe Maps is configurable and can be tailored to your organization, so that your users can work with their information in a meaningful way.
The official location for information on Arrowpointe Maps is its product page at http://www.arrowpointe.com/maps. There, you will find answers to the most frequently asked questions, screencasts and links to its AppExchange page.