The changes most applicable to end users are:
- Search Nearby now includes the ability to start from an arbitrary address. The Other Tools section of the front page now has a “Search Nearby” link. This link will let you search for a Lead, Account or Contact or you can manually enter an address. When in the midst of a Search Nearby process, clicking the Start Over button will also bring you to this page.
- You can now assign specific icons/colors to your Data Sets. Edit your Data Set and select a Data Set Image. You can see the image used for each Data Set by viewing your list of Data Sets in the Admin Area of the application.
- The Company/Account Name is automatically included for Lead/Contact Search Nearby searches.
- The first 3 fields configured for a Data Set will now appear in the table of results. All configured fields still appear in the map marker bubble on the map.
- Search Nearby queries now allow you to use decimal amounts for a range (e.g. 0.25 miles)
- Number fields on Map Pages now accept decimal amounts.
- You can now see a list of the records that failed to map. On a result set, you currently see something like “29 of 30 records successfully mapped”. If there is an errored record, a link that says “Show Unmappable Records” will appear and you can click it to see a list of the records that did not map properly.
- The Color Markers By parameter now saves with each Map Report run and will be automatically set for users when that report is mapped the next time.
- The Language and Unit of Measure (miles vs. kilometers) on the Routing screen are now saved as a user preference.
- The last Data Set, Range and Unit of Measure (miles vs. kilometers) used in a Search Nearby query are now saved as a user preference.
- Improved performance on the initial load of the Routing screen. This improvement also fixes the issue with IE6 and its sporadic inability to load routed records.
NOTE: This upgrade was automatically completed for all users. It does not require any changes to the AppExchange installation.
About Arrowpointe Maps
Arrowpointe Maps is an on-demand mapping platform that facilitates a conversation between Salesforce.com & MapQuest allowing for easy deployment of mapping capabilities in your organization and providing end-users a simple means for mapping their data. Arrowpointe Maps is configurable and can be tailored to your organization, so that your users can work with their information in a meaningful way.
The official location for information on Arrowpointe Maps is its product page at http://www.arrowpointe.com/maps. There, you will find answers to the most frequently asked questions, screencasts and links to its AppExchange page.