I have created a new application called the Info Center.
The Info Center was developed to fill a common need. During a rollout, users typically go through well constructed training sessions and will usually walk away with training materials, quick reference guides, etc. However, once the system has been in production for a while, people rarely ever reference that material again. When people have questions, the answers can be hard to find in the training materials. Training materials are typically not organized to answer specific questions that arise.
Why not have a place where you can publish the answers to Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)? You could do this on your company intranet or in a document, but why not use Salesforce.com and allow the business the ability to manage the content themselves? Enter the Info Center.
It is only available as a Test Drive right now, but I am very interested in your feedback. I am interested in hearing your thoughts on:
- Would this be a useful tool to have within Salesforce.com? (it would be free)
- Are Messages, FAQs and Links core items that need to be communicated? Any others?
- How is the user experience?
- Is the performance acceptable? It is a little slow to load, but once loaded it responds very well. Is that acceptable from your point of view?
- What would you do differently? How would you improve it?
- If you had it in Salesforce.com, would you use it? Do you think your users would respond to it?
Please take the Test Drive and provide your feedback as comments on this post or on my support page. I loaded the test drive with content to answer the Frequently Asked Questions about the Info Center. I’ll let the Info Center explain what the Info Center does!